Terms and Conditions of Submitting to PMVF
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions regarding any submissions you make to the Portland Music Video Festival. In the following, “I” and “Submitter” refers to the Submitter, “Video” and “Material” refer to the submitted video(s), and “Festival” refers to the Portland Music Video Festival. You must accept these terms and conditions before your entry can be considered.
- I understand that I will be notified via email by the Festival re: their acceptance or non-acceptance of my Video to the Festival. I have submitted a working email address that I check regularly.
- I have all of the necessary rights/permissions to submit the video to the Festival, and I authorize its public performance in the Festival. I acknowledge that the Festival is not responsible for any dispute of copyright or intellectual property that may develop between the Submitters and any third parties, including the artist represented in the Video, or the artist’s distributor and representation. I understand that the Festival and its sponsors and partners are not responsible for clearing publishing, performance or other rights for the music videos it screens at the Festival or utilize for Festival publicity, and that these things are the sole responsibility of the Submitter.
- I understand that any materials I submit to the festival will not be returned to me.
- I understand that the Festival will not provide any financial support for my attendance at the Festival.
- I understand that the Festival does not guarantee acceptance of my submitted Video.
- I understand that should my Video be accepted for screening in the Festival, that the Festival may request a higher-resolution copy of the Video than that which I submitted for review (this is common in the case of Videos submitted via sites like YouTube), and that if I fail to provide one, the Festival may screen the lower-resolution copy that I submitted, or cut the Video from the program at its discretion.
- I understand that my video may be disqualified by the Festival for any reason deemed pertinent by the Festival.
- I understand that should my video be selected for inclusion by the Festival, that the Festival may use my name, the artist/band’s name, and/or an image from the Video itself in marketing and promotional materials.
- I understand that should my submitted Video win an award and/or a prize at the festival, that the distribution of the prize, in the event that there are multiple Submitters, shall be the responsibility of the Submitters, and the Festival will not provide multiple prizes/awards because there are multiple Submitters.
- I understand that all information by the Festival, whether publicly posted or not, is subject to change without prior notice.
- I understand that all Festival decisions, including the inclusion or exclusion of my Video in the Festival, will be made solely by the Festival, and all Festival decisions are final.
- Legal Terms: I will indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses, including legal expenses, arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on the Material and Monies submitted to the Festival. All Submitters release and agree to hold the Festival and/or all other Festival-related entities harmless from and against any and all injuries, rights, damages, losses, claims and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Festival or participation in the Festival and any Festival-related activity, in perpetuity. All entrants release and waive any claims with regard to the Festival and agree to hold harmless the Festival and/or all Festival-related entities, including partners and sponsors, from and against any and all claims of any kind that are or could be asserted with respect to any Festival-related matter whatsoever, in perpetuity. All entrants further agree to indemnify, defend against and agree to hold harmless the Festival and/or all other Festival-related entities from any and all liabilities, damage, costs and/or fees incurred in defending against any third party claim(s) or threat(s) of claim(s) asserted against the Festival and/or all other Festival-related entities arising from any entrant(s) participation in or conduct associated with the Festival, in perpetuity. I understand that in the event of any legal dispute between the Submitter and the Festival, I under no circumstances will be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby irrevocably waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, and/or any other damages, including attorney fees, other than my actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with Submitting to the Festival), and I further irrevocably waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased, in perpetuity. I understand that all taxes on or connected with any prize and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winning Submitter(s). All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.